Monday 28 May 2012

Sticky Toffee Cupcakes

I made these sticky toffee cupcakes with friends a couple of weeks back and was able to snap a few pictures before they'd all gone!


The recipe, of course is from The Hummingbird Bakery cookbook (AKA my bible) which uses lots of milk in the cake mix, making it super light, fluffy and creamy. Even now, I still get excited to lick the spoon!


For the stickiness, the recipe uses chopped up dates... Does this count as 1 of your 5-a-day? As you can see our cupcake cases were too big for the muffin tin, nawwwww :( .


Yummmm... Decorated with little Dulce de Leche polka-dots!

Today I've been catching up on lots of uni work... My deadline is in just over a week, ahhhhh! So I rewarding all my hard work with little cups of home-made (by my flatmate) iced tea. 


For the tea, we combined strawberries, lemon, ice, sugar and of course some cold tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment