Thursday 3 May 2012

Boston Cream Cupcakes

The Hummingbird Bakery is definitely one of my favourite finds since moving to London last year; so you can imagine my delight when I received their second book, Cake Days for Chrimbo. Since then, I've used this book for just about every occasion that requires a cake, including my friend's birthday where I made a 3 tier vanilla sponge and vanilla frosting tower!
Last week, on a typically rainy day, with friends in tow, we made an adaption of the amazingly delish Boston Cream Cupcakes; a moist vanilla sponge filled with custard and topped which a dark chocolate frosting.


Our cupcakes minus the cup. 

We made 12 cupcakes and used the rest of the ingredients to make this messy, but equally as delicious half cake.

I don't believe I am allowed to publish The Hummingbird Bakery's recipe online... but it is well worth ordering the book if you want to make cakes like these and sooooo much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment